What is the excitement of jewellery without its brightness, vividness and lustre? Too often we neglect our jewellery and leave it to dull and lose its brilliance.
However, jewellery care is a simple process and can add years onto your jewellery's life so that you and perhaps future generations can enjoy your precious heirloom.
Tivon Fine Jewellery has made it easy with a simple process we call KISS:
KEEP IT CLEAN!
GOLD & SILVER
Consult our stockists on their range of simple and inexpensive jewellery cleaning products which will add years of life to your jewellery.
The jewellery cleaners are:
- Easy to use
- All come with written easy-to-follow instructions
PEARLS - Pearls may be cleaned by:
- Using a damp cloth
- Note: Contact with most chemicals should be avoided including: perfume, hairspray and cosmetics.
INSPECT YOUR JEWELLERY!
Take a bit of time to inspect your jewellery.
- Examine your jewellery regularly and ensure all stone settings, clasps and joints appear to be secure.
- Claws used for holding down gem stones may loosen especially after daily wear caused by impact with surrounding objects, thus heightening the risk of losing the gem stone.
- Simple common sense should prevail.
- Professional cleaning is recommended at least once a year depending on how often you wear your jewellery. If you feel your jewellery is in need of repair, please contact your closest stockist and they will assist you in this matter.
(Please note - Tivon Fine Jewellery assumes no liability in any way whatsoever for cleaning items which may be sold and/or distributed by our dealers and shall not be held responsible for any damage or loss with respect to any of the aforementioned items)
STORE IT PROPERLY!
- Keep your jewellery in a clean dry place.
- Jewellery boxes are best for storage. Each Tivon Fine Jewellery product is supplied with its own special box designed to safeguard your treasured jewellery item. Insist on receiving TFJ boxes when purchasing an item of jewellery from one of our dealers.
- Try and keep each piece of jewellery separate so that the gemstones don't get scratched.
- Try to avoid wearing jewellery when you swim - chlorinated water may be harmful to your jewellery.
- Avoid contact with household bleach - may cause permanent discolouration and erosion.
- Avoid exposing your jewellery to extreme heat.
- Avoid exposing your jewellery to salt including sweat as this quickly causes tarnishing.
- Never clean silver with anything other than a soft polishing cloth or felt.
Avoid cleaning your gemstones with hot water and then proceeding to rinse them in cold water or vice versa. The temperature variance could damage a gem irreparably and cause it to crack and in some instances shatter.